The meeting will be in the Raiffeisen Lecture Hall at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA)
Am Campus 1
3400 Klosterneuburg, Austria
GPS coordinates: 48° 18′ 32.31” N 16° 15′ 27.79” E
* If your navigation system does not list this address, please type in the old address “Hauptstrasse 2, A- 3400 Maria Gugging” instead.
How to get to ISTA Campus
By public transport
Airport connections to Vienna
There are four easy ways to get from the airport to the city by public transport
- The most economic way is with the rapid transit line S7 (Floridsdorf – Wien Mitte/City – Airport – Wolfsthal). It has trains every 30 minutes from the airport to the city center, calling at intermediate stations. Travel time is 25 minutes to the city center (Wien Mitte). A regular single ticket costs approx. €4, or €2 if you already own a travel card for the Vienna city area.
- The City Airport Train CAT runs every 30 minutes from the airport non-stop to the city center (Wien Mitte). Travel time is 16 minutes. A regular single ticket costs €12. Vienna travel cards are not accepted.
- The express train line RailJet trains every 30 minutes from the airport non-stop to Vienna Hauptbahnhof (main train station!!), continuing from there to Linz and Salzburg. Travel time is 15 minutes to Vienna main station. A regular single ticket costs approx. €4, or €2 if you own a travel card for the Vienna city area.
- In addition to these rail services, various bus companies operate bus lines from the airport to the city center, for example the Vienna Airport Lines. Prices, routes and travel times vary, Please consult the information at the airport bus terminal.
Connections from Vienna to the Institute ISTA
For continuing to travel to the institute from the airport (VIE), it is advisable to take either the train S7 or CAT to the stop “Landstrasse/Wien Mitte” and switch to the underground line U4 there, in direction “Heiligenstadt” (green line on the map here). If you take a bus to “Vienna Inner City or Schwedenplatz”, which is also possible, switch here as well to the underground line U4 at the stop “Schwedenplatz” in direction “Heiligenstadt”. Get off at the final stop. Here also ends the ticket for the city zone.
For continuing to travel to the institute from the train station (main station “Wien Hauptbahnhof”), please follow the signs to the subway U1 (red line, direction “Leopoldau”). At the stop “Schwedenplatz” switch to the subway U4 (green line, direction “Heiligenstadt”) and get off at the final stop “Heiligenstadt”. The ride will take you about 23 minutes. Here also ends the ticket for the city zone.
From “Heiligenstadt” to the campus:
Outside the terminal station you can find various bus stops, just follow the bus signs. You can take either the regular bus line No. 400 (Maria Gugging). The ticket costs 1,90 Eur and can be purchased at the driver.
time schedule bus No. 400
You can also take the ISTA shuttle bus, which will be free of charge for all participants. However, please note that it only operates on working days (not on weekends) from ca. 7 am to ca. 8 pm.
time schedule ISTA shuttle No. 142
It is possible to take a cab to/from ISTA to Vienna Heiligenstadt, Vienna downtown or the airport (best to have cash ready, ATM is in the guesthouse lobby). The transfer rates from airport – ISTA are around 60 – 70 Eur.
- Taxi Edel (+43 2243 21441 or +43 660 8089 879)
- Taxi Lindhofer (+43 699 11 222 333)
- Taxi CBA (+43 699 1900 2880
- Airport Driver (booking via their website)
- Leave Vienna city center via Donaukanal Bundesstrasse (B227) in the direction Nordbrücke.
- Exit B227 before reaching Nordbrücke and take Klosterneuburger Bundesstrasse (B14) until you reach Klosterneuburg.
- a. Follow the ISTA signs along the B14 from Klosterneuburg towards Tulln through Kierling until you reach Maria Gugging.
- b. If you take the bypass road, follow the ISTA sign at the final roundabout and turn right onto B14 towards Tulln. Follow the B14 from Klosterneuburg through Kierling until you reach Maria Gugging.
- Turn right at the roundabout after the place-name sign for Maria Gugging.